Retrieved from https://www.newstatesman.com/sites/default/files/styles/nodeimage/public/blogs_2015/06/sophie_distration.jpg?itok=ndb65E7b
Strategic analysis
and intuitive thinking are internal processes employed by an individual to
decide on certain circumstances. It is through these schemes that people within
networks establish their self-identities before immersing themselves with
others. Judgments and convictions are constructed with regards to knowledge and
experiences. Assessment of factors is compelled by one’s learning from various
environments, while personal encounters strengthen the premises of a newly
authored realization.
Learning about these
approaches in decision making made me contemplate about the way I formulate my
conclusions. In countless instances, I fabricate my choices without considering
the consequences of each. Being a perfectionist in a world that demands strong
coping mechanisms is a huge hindrance in creating evaluations. Prior to this
lesson’s discussion, my struggles involve poor judgment, impulse thinking, and
irrational mindset. These dilemmas began to fade when I discerned the structure
behind these frameworks of scrutiny.
According to our
professor, strategic analysis is “the process of examining one’s rationality or
reason, the organization’s surrounding and resources, and how they relate with
each other to formulate a strategy to meet objectives and improve performance.”
Logic is utilized in different ways to pursue understanding of a given
phenomenon. This explains why academic institutions train their students by
equipping them with facts and theories beneficial for their schema. Oftentimes,
this type of thinking is the most induced in the world of education. From
conducting research to solving algebra problems, reason is required to provide
definite answers to life’s riddles.
Intuitive thinking,
on the other hand, “is sensing or knowing without using rational processes such
as reading facts and instructions.” It is a kind of framework that requires
one’s common sense in generating decisions. Talents such as singing and dancing
are honed better through this because of its subjective tactic. Such analysis
diverts a person from depending on textbooks and cold facts, giving space for
one to build unique stances and perceptions. Learners, through this manner of thinking,
are urged to incorporate their character and experiences in making judgments.
Employing such mindset can provide the best decisions at the most unexpected
scenarios.
Between the two
approaches underscored in our class, I classify myself as someone who relies
frequently on both strategic analysis and intuitive thinking. Barely confident
about my decisions, I ensure the validity of my conclusion by depending on both
cognitive and emotional instincts. Using reason aids me in settling within the
confines of an idea, while common sense provides better ground for my decision.
These frameworks complement each other in conjuring viewpoints since it focuses
on different areas.
I use strategic
analysis whenever I refer to my books and lessons in times of studying. Honing a
student’s reasoning is stated in our university’s mission, and I believe that my
logic improves as time goes by. A best example embodying this is the extent of
effort I devote in making my research paper. Basing my conclusions from various
journals constitute critical thinking, demanding the application of learned
concepts from books and classroom discussions. Strategic analysis allows better
comprehension of new knowledge, paving the way for its usage in future endeavors.
Consequently,
intuitive thinking is my weapon in dealing with the people around me. As a
student, I believe that establishing friendships does not require any printed
information to refer to in times when situations emerge uncontrollable. Besides
this, I use this framework to reconnect with my inner voice. There are
instances wherein my opinions radiate merely from school-acquired learning,
overlooking to use my intuition in constructing my own stance in various
issues.
Although my beliefs
are founded on the premises of both strategic analysis and intuitive thinking,
I believe that I still have a long way to further improve my mindset and increase
my learning. However, I should always remember to employ these frameworks to produce
intelligent, feasible, and fruitful decisions.

0 comments